Update Legacy MapObjects Application using Runtime SDK .NET

Jump to solution
06-26-2019 08:30 AM
JohnFell
Occasional Contributor III

Dear .NET Community,

I am fairly new to the concept of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET as most of my development has been for ArcGIS Server, Python, and ArcObjects addins. The reason I am looking into Runtime SDKs is because of their ability to offer stand-alone GIS functions. This seems to be a viable solution for a legacy MapObjects application that our department needs to replace. I am going to the User Conference this year to identify solutions and resources that will help our development team achieve a polished application that retains appropriate functionality and incorporates some enhancements. I'm sending a call to , Developer Communities to please offer any advice on the following. If you are willing to connect at the conference or the Tuesday evening developer social please let me know. 

• Creating custom tiled basemaps (anyone use custom vector tile basemaps with runtime SDK?).
  • Using the Lite license level and how that works.
  • Has anyone used a custom Web API with runtime .NET to connect a system of record database with an enterprise geodatabase? I am looking into .NET Core 2.2 Web API solutions for this.
  • Windows authentication.
  • Highly performant architecture.

Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated. If this is not the appropriate forum for this question, please direct me to the appropriate place.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

It's most likely doable, but the concepts of the Runtime is vastly different from the MapObject days. Here's a list of runtime-related resources at the UC 2019: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/developers/announcements/runtime-developers-2019-uc/

Bring your list of high-level requirements for your app, so people can direct you to the right APIs and work-flows to accomplish those.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

It's most likely doable, but the concepts of the Runtime is vastly different from the MapObject days. Here's a list of runtime-related resources at the UC 2019: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/developers/announcements/runtime-developers-2019-uc/

Bring your list of high-level requirements for your app, so people can direct you to the right APIs and work-flows to accomplish those.

dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

... you might also check out the tech sessions from the dev summits:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_yE3TatdZKAXvt_TzGJ6mw/search?query=.net+runtime+-pro

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi John,

We'll have staff from the API teams and Developer Outreach at the developer meetup/social on the Tuesday evening - covering Runtime, JavaScript, and other APIs/SDKs.

When checking in at the registration desk, mention you'd like to talk to us and they'll point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Mike