Syncing Issues

05-14-2015 01:03 AM
ChristosStamatopoulos
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I've been having some weird issues with syncing.

Usually we download a geodatabase from ArcGIS Online with SyncModel = SyncModel.PerGeodatabase

If I try to sync back a newly downloaded gdb from ArcGIS Online it fails.

The interesting thing is that if I download the GDB with SyncModel = SyncModel.PerLayer and sync it back then the sync succeeds.

That is with all layers syncing as Bidirectional.

Some combinations seem to fail. E.g. If all layers are set to Upload then it just hangs there.

In the acse of SyncModel.PerGeodatabase there is not much info in the exception message, which seems to be similar to what I can get from Fiddler.

{"replicaName":"MyReplica_4377","submissionTime":1431590016903,"lastUpdatedTime":1431590021263,"status":"Failed","error":{"code":500,"message":"Unable to synchronize replica.","details":["Exporting data changes failed."]}}

So why is that a GDB with zero changes fails to sync when downloaded with SyncModel.PerGeodatabase  vs SyncModel.PerLayer.

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

We have fixed some issues related on synchronization for next release. If you can, could you send me a repro app for this so I could see if this is one of those issues? You can send it to akajanusesri.com.

Cheers,

Antti

0 Kudos