Support for "Unique values, many fields" symbology?

Jump to solution
11-23-2015 09:27 AM
KrisFoster
New Contributor III

Any indication on when / if this will be supported for creating ArcGIS Runtime Content?  Currently I'm working around this by creating multiple layers in my Mxd for the same feature class with definition queries to simulate the behavior, but it would be nice to have this symbology type supported.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Just a fast update for this. This is in the backlog for implementation on the featureservice level and up.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
AnttiKajanus1

Hey Kris,

Could you send me a simple reproducer (mxd, database) with information what you are doing so I can have a look? You can link the source to GeoNet or send it directly to me akajanus@esri.com.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

And just for reminder, that if you want to define rendering information in the client, you should be able to define UniqueValueRenderer with many fields using renderers in the API.

0 Kudos
KrisFoster
New Contributor III

Hi Antti,

Yep, here are the reproduction steps.  Can do this with any data.

1) Create symbology based on multiple fields.

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 12.56.59 PM.png

2) Choose File -> Share As -> ArcGIS Runtime Content

3) Click on the Analyze button and see that the layer symbology is not supported.

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 12.56.19 PM.png

0 Kudos
JohnSelkirk
New Contributor III

We have the same issue. +1 on this request

AnttiKajanus1

Just a fast update for this. This is in the backlog for implementation on the featureservice level and up.

ElwynPratt1
New Contributor II

Any idea if this will be implemented? It has been over three years?

0 Kudos
RyanSchafer1
New Contributor

Any update on getting this implemented at the feature service level? It has been over two years. 

0 Kudos
ThadTilton
Esri Contributor

FWIW - A (perhaps) more straightforward workaround is to concatenate all the values you wish to use into a new field and then use the new field for the unique values. This is not ideal, of course, if you have new features and/or edits coming in that require you to keep the field updated.

Some details on implementing this technique are described here: Error: Error 00085: Layer uses an unsupported renderer (Feature Service) 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've modified the sample code offered with the UniqueValueRenderer so that it renders on the client side based on 3 fields.