Sqlite .geodatabase shape field

12-13-2018 03:54 PM
KrisFoster1
New Contributor III

For performance sake I have a need to read the data in the .geodatabase sqlite file directly.  I can make my connection to the database and obtain all the field information except for the shape field.  I expected this to be stored as a json string representation for the geometry but it doesn't appear to be.  I tried using the sqlite hex() command to get the hexidecimal representation of the blob but I can't seem to get that hexidecimal to convert into a json string to be able to use the Geometry.FromJSON method for getting my shape information.  How can I convert this shape information into a Geometry object?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KrisFoster1
New Contributor III

Here is a link to another thread that I have opened that demonstrates the performance issues that are causing the need to be able to load the geometry directly from the sqlite database.

https://community.esri.com/thread/226372-query-performance 

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The geometry is stored in a binary format - afaik this format isn't publicly documented.

0 Kudos
KrisFoster1
New Contributor III

Hi Morten,

Thanks for the response.  Looks like the performance issues that were causing the need for this may be resolved in the next release based on your post so this will hopefully no longer be an issue

Kind Regards,

Kris Foster

0 Kudos