Raster and Elevation Data in Runtime .NET Desktop

10-18-2014 07:56 PM
JustinShepard
Occasional Contributor II

What I want to do in a nutshell is get the raster (likely elevation) value at a given point, apply an offset (ie. offset value = value at point + user defined offset), and return a display that shows what has a value above or below that value. I have this working using a custom geoprocessing model but I was hoping that Runtime for .NET would have some built in ways to handle this, given all of the excitement at the Dev Summit about what they were working on. But I have yet to find an effective way to accomplish this using the .NET Desktop Runtime. Some things that I've looked into but couldn't get working were:

1) use the offset value to change the symbology of the raster so that it simply shows two colors, what is >= and what is < the offset value

2) 3D fill of the map so that it just draws in a fill up to the offset value

Any ideas on how to best handle this would be appreciated. Given that this is a desktop app I would really like to let the user point to any raster on their network/computer rather than having to rely on a service but I realize that may not be possible.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Direct read of rasters is currently slated for v10.3. Until then you have to use the local server to run your GP tools.

0 Kudos
JustinShepard
Occasional Contributor II

Is the 3D functionality also slated for v10.3?

0 Kudos