Proportional symbols using ClassBreaksDefinition

10-30-2014 07:54 AM
LaurentSIBILLE
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to generate a ClassBreaksRenderer with a proportional symbol using SDK for .Net.

In ArcMap it's called 'Graduated symbols' or 'Proportional symbols' on layer properties dialog (see screenshots below):

2014-10-30_154553.png

2014-10-30_155017.png

And what about 'Charts', I don't find any .net class suitable to generate them using .Net SDK.

Any help or advice will be very appreciate.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor

Graduated renderers are not exposed by the .Net API yet (it's on the roadmap though).

Nevertheless for the simplest cases you should be able to get the expected result by using a ClassBreakRenderer and setting a symbol with the right size by range of values.

LaurentSIBILLE
New Contributor

Thanks Dominique for your answer.

I've already plan to do it this way if it's not yet available through the .Net SDK.

What about charts and other thematic functionalites?

Could you please provide a link to the roadmap?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Chart aren't supported in current release. You can create chart as a control and convert that to image and use that as a symbol if needed.

0 Kudos
LaurentSIBILLE
New Contributor

Thanks for this information.

Is it plan add this feature?

Where is the roadmap?

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

It's on the roadmap. I'm afraid that there isn't public version currently available.

If you think that we should prioritize specific features and/or have ideas what we should implement, please submit your ideas to http://ideas.arcgis.com/

LaurentSIBILLE
New Contributor

Bad news for us.

We are moving our WPF map control to ESRI (actually we use MapDotNet)

and we are hoping to retrieve thematic analysis features in the box.

We will submit ideas too.

0 Kudos