Override the ImageTiledLayer

01-02-2017 07:35 AM
AlexKost
New Contributor II

Hi,

I used in ArcGIS Runtime for .NET 10.2.7 (Store App) class TiledLayer for custom tile download and caching (override GetTileDataAsync) from WMS service.

But in version 100.0  (.NET + WPF) I'm using ImageTiledLayer (seems like replacement of TiledLayer), but overrided method GetTileDataAsync is never called!

I passed my TileInfo informations into ServiceImageTiledLayer and method GetTileUriAsync is called properly. Same TileInfo in ImageTiledLayer do nothing  But I need own filecache and I cannot use Uri-based ServiceImageTiledLayer.

Exists some example of proper overriding ImageTiledLayer in ArcGisRuntime 100.0?

Thanks!

Summary:

ArcGis Runtime SDK .NET for WPF v 100.0

Call WMS service with custom TileInfo (custom LoD etc).

ServiceImageTiledLayer.GetTileUriAsync is invoked but ImageTiledLayer.GetTileDataAsync do nothing.

Tags (1)
3 Replies
AlexKost
New Contributor II

Finally, I use ServiceImageTiledLayer with URI to local file (local tile cache on filesystem). Unfortunately, I was not able use ImageTiledLayer

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Yes, you found the correct approach - use Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Mapping.ServiceImageTiledLayer and override GetTileUriAsync.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
OliverBoesche
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have the same problem with the ImageTiledLayer at the ArcGIS.Runtime for dotNet 100.2. As the API documentation says it should be possible to use the ImageTiledLayer. Is this a bug and will it be fixed? If not, then please tell me how I can work around this behaviour.

The Uri approach is not my favorite way to solve this.

Best regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos