.Net SDK works on select machines

01-15-2015 02:25 AM
JaredWheatley
New Contributor

Hi all,

We have a problem where when downloaded and installed, the SDK will only show the hello world map/function on 2 of the machines. They are all fresh installs of visual studio and all on the same network with the same permissions. We have tried using a local map source also.

They are all replica machines with the same hardware and are fairly new.

Any ideas would be appreciated

thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey,

Can you verify if the SDK installs to those machines? Or is it the application that doesn't work? What version of visual studio you are using?

0 Kudos
JaredWheatley
New Contributor

The SDK seems to install fine, we use visual studio professional 2013. The app will allow the reference to be added, along with the mapview, map, and then the tile for the world map within the hello world tutorial, however on build using the simulator we get a grey screen where the map should be on 2/4 developer machines.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Does layers does initialize without any errors on also on the comps that doesn't show the map? If I understood correctly, this occurs only in windows store emulator? have you tried if Desktop version works?

0 Kudos
JaredWheatley
New Contributor

The layers all seem to function apart from when it comes to actually showing the map, I get a grey screen with the esri watermark in the bottom left. This is the case in both WPF and windows store.

0 Kudos
JaredWheatley
New Contributor

We have also tried creating a solution on a working computer to a non-working computer, and that worked 50% of the time.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Can you repost the picture, I cannot see anything when opening it.

Can you enable some http-sniffing tool like Fiddler and get the traffic requests for me, please? Does all the computers are using same graphic cards with same drivers?

0 Kudos
JaredWheatley
New Contributor

I think the image was just my email signature attaching itself for some reason or another, and I'm currently installing the SDK on our dev area to log the firewall.

0 Kudos
JaredWheatley
New Contributor

Hi,

We have given up on using the random machines that don’t seem to want to display maps, but now we have another problem!

We created a WPF project using the custom TPK map absolutely fine, however I’m now using a Windows Store App blank project. I tried using the same code behind:

public MainPage()

{

this.InitializeComponent();

//adding layer to map

Layer bkgLayer = new ArcGISLocalTiledLayer(@"Assets\OSBasemapPackage.tpk");

bkgLayer.ID = "MainLayer";

MyMap.Layers.Add(bkgLayer);

}

Which worked fine within WPF, however this time we just get a grey map. Can you see anything wrong with the syntax? We have tried multiple directories however it doesn’t throw any errors on build/pre-build.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Remember that file access is different in Windows Store than it's in Desktop.

You can access it using following scheme:

var tileLayer = new ArcGISLocalTiledLayer(@"ms-appx:///Assets/campus.tpk");

Just to make sure, you have handler in MapView.LayerLoaded handler to get information if the layers were loaded correctly?

Edit:

Read more about working with files here.

0 Kudos