Moving through a sphere symbol

Jump to solution
05-09-2019 12:05 AM
MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

we use a 3D Scene in our Runtime application and part of this is to visualize big hemispheres on ground with a diameter of a few kilometers.

We recognized a problem when moving on the map with mouse and scrollwheel.

When you want to move through the surface of the hemisphere to the ground, it seems that you hang up on the surface. It lasts many wheel movements until the movement auf the map continues. It feels, like you stick on the surface of the hemisphere and have to fight very hard to continue moving.

I made a video with a sphere symbol showing, what I mean (actually a problem occurs with the video service, I will upload it again later on):

SimpleMarkerSceneSymbol simpleMarkerSceneSymbol = new SimpleMarkerSceneSymbol()
{
    Style = SimpleMarkerSceneSymbolStyle.Sphere,
    Color = Color.FromArgb(50, 0, 255, 255),
    Height = 90000,
    Width = 90000,
    Depth = 90000,
    AnchorPosition = SceneSymbolAnchorPosition.Bottom
};

It looks as if the movement is oriented to the surface of objects. In the case of hemispheres, however, this is not desired.
Can I change this for certain objects?

Kind regards,

Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

Maximilian Glas, I was able to reproduce the issue and have logged the following bug for you.

BUG-000122291: Using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK, the SceneView hangs up on the surface of 3D objects when trying to zoom in through them using the mouse/scroll wheel.

If you let me know your customer number I can have a case opened for you so we can attach your organization to the bug so that you can track it in My Esri.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

Maximilian Glas, I was able to reproduce the issue and have logged the following bug for you.

BUG-000122291: Using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK, the SceneView hangs up on the surface of 3D objects when trying to zoom in through them using the mouse/scroll wheel.

If you let me know your customer number I can have a case opened for you so we can attach your organization to the bug so that you can track it in My Esri.

MaximilianGlas
Esri Contributor

Thank you Kimberly McCarty‌, I will add the information directly in the Bug Report.