LocalLocator

03-30-2016 05:07 AM
NirShafrir
New Contributor

Hello
I've created a locator and shared it as Runtime content with ArcMap 10.4.

When I'm trying to create a LocalLocatorTask with my locator as shown in the sample OfflineGeocoding project it throws an exception with message "Locator file has unsupported format".
In ArcMap the locator works without any problem.

Does anyone have an idea what's the problem with my locator?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also ran into the same issue. For me, the problem is with the Enable suggestions property of the locator. In my case, if I uncheck the Enable suggestions option, recreate the address locator, and share this locator as Runtime content, then the generated .loc can be initialized without that exception. Possible reason is that Suggestion is only designed for geocode service so local locator doesn't support this property setting.

Also, you may check the following instructions to make sure the locator meet all the requirement (Creating ArcGIS Runtime content—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 😞

• The locator must be created with ArcGIS 10.0 or later.
  • The locator cannot have an unknown coordinate system.
  • The locator or any participating locator in a composite locator cannot be a geocoding service, including services from Portal for ArcGIS or ArcGIS Online.
  • The locator cannot contain a custom plug-in in the locator style configuration.