Local Server

11-01-2019 12:28 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

I am quite new to that  arcgis runtime sdk, and have come across to that Local server and geoprocessing capability.

Local Server—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers 

Based on that statement "Running a geoprocessing task on Local Server requires an ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap geoprocessing package (.gpkx or .gpk file)" , Does it mean, depend on the arcpy usage, it might need either ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap? Or can it be configured and used without having ArcGIS desktop.

Moreover is there any capability comparison between ArcGIS engine vs ArcGIS runtime vs ArcGIS Pro sdk?

And product dependency which is like ArcGIS Pro sdk shall be fully depended on ArcGIS pro product. 

How about ArcGIS runtime? and ArcGIS engine?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The Pro and ArcMap requirements are only for _authoring_ the geoprocessing packages. Once authored, they aren't needed as LocalServer has what is needed (as long as you configure it to deploy the required resources with the deployment manifest)

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Morten Nielsen‌,

May I know where shall I reference with functionality and product dependency check list (for e.g. map package, geoprocessing package, - arcmap + local server required) ?

Best Regards,

Than

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Additional details on creating a Local Server deployment can be found in the Guide: Create a Local Server deployment—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers .

Also review the table of supported GP tools: Local Server geoprocessing tools support—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers 

Cheers

Mike

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank Morten Nielsen‌ and Michael Branscomb‌ for useful information.

Will explore more about that.

0 Kudos