Local Geoprocessing Services

02-09-2016 03:58 AM
ChristopherMcCafferty
New Contributor

Hiya Guys, I am currently having an issue with Local Geoprocessing Services.

I have packaged up the 'Viewshed' tool using the Geoprocessing Package wizard, I have enabled support for ArcGIS Runtime. I used the same process to package up the tool for the ArcGIS server, which I could execute in my custom runtime application fine. I want to see the performance difference between running the tool on a server and running it locally on the machine.

I seem to get this message within the exception when calling SubmitJobAsync()

"Error code '400' : 'Bad request: GET GPServer/Viewshed/submitJob The specified task was not found."

I also get the same error when trying to view the Service URL in a web browser. If I back track within the web browser to the GPServer branch, there are no tasks listed within the information.

I also a similar error on the internet where the guy forgot to add the Task name at the end of the local server URL, I have done this by:

Uri myUrl = new Uri (gpURL + "/Viewshed");

0 Kudos
8 Replies
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Chris,

I also get the same error when trying to view the Service URL in a web browser. If I back track within the web browser to the GPServer branch, there are no tasks listed within the information.

It seems that there is an issue with publishing .gpk file. First, I would try to get it running on AGS Site. Check if the Geoprocessing task was published with success (use REST end point and logs from AGS Manager). Make adjustments if necessary in ArcMap to the source gpk file.

When it comes to the Local Service, check or set the internal port and enable logging (to be specified in ArcGIS Runtime Local Server Utility app) . Then, start your service, and check if it runs on the REST endpoint and finally the name of task.

Hope this helps,

Adam

0 Kudos
ChristopherMcCafferty
New Contributor

It seems that there is an issue with publishing .gpk file. First, I would try to get it running on AGS Site. Check if the Geoprocessing task was published with success (use REST end point and logs from AGS Manager). Make adjustments if necessary in ArcMap to the source gpk file.

I am not entirely sure what you mean, are you talking about ArcGIS Server? If so I have this tool working on the server already.

I will try your suggestions regarding the Runtime Local Server Utility App.

0 Kudos
ChristopherMcCafferty
New Contributor

Just a small update.

I have enabled logging and I can see the log messages via text logs but no errors are being reported back. It actually says that the GPServer has been created successfully.

Someone on my team thought it could be related to licensing, so I packaged up the 'Contour' tool via ArcMap, which requires the same licenses as Viewshed. We saw the same results, simply the Task within the Local GPServer doesn't exist. After this I packed up the 'Densify' tool, now I don't know what this tool does and we currently don't need it, however from what I can see, this tool doesn't require any special licence. I created the GPK the same way as the other trials, but this time I can see the Densify task.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
nita14
by

Chris,

I experienced almost the same issue when I used ArcGIS 10.3+ for gpk file creation. There was an compatibility problem, that some of the geoporcessing tools were not recognized by runtime local server, which is still in version 10.2.

What version of ArcGIS do you use for gpk creation?

Adam

0 Kudos
ChristopherMcCafferty
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Desktop to package my Geoprocessing Tools.

I am using ArcGIS Runtime 10.2.6.0 to develop my application.

0 Kudos
nita14
by

I resolved my issue using ArcGIS 10.2.2 for gpk files creation. I recommend the same for you.

Hope this helps,

Adam

0 Kudos
ChristopherMcCafferty
New Contributor

I have used ArcGIS 10.2.2 and this has sorted my issue, I did try the new runtime as well to make sure however this didn't change anything.

The issue is, ArcMap 10.2.2 doesn't have the Viewshed 2 tool which is what I need. I guess there is an error in the Geoprocessing Package Wizard which isn't creating the GPK's correctly. Is there a official ticket system I can use?

0 Kudos
nita14
by

Chris,

I guess there is an error in the Geoprocessing Package Wizard which isn't creating the GPK's correctly

Well, the gpk file may be just fine, since ArcGIS 10.3 desktop should be able to consume your gpk. The problem is that ArcGIS Desktop and Local Server must be in sync, since ArcGIS for Server 10.2 is not aware of new tools added to the newer version of ArcGIS. Apart from that Viewshed2 is not supported in Runtime. See Local Server geoprocessing tools support—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java | ArcGIS for Developers

Regarding ticket system, if you are currently on Esri maintenance, you can report it to Esri Support.

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos