Is there a roadmap for clustering symbols in .Net runtime 100.x?

05-03-2018 02:27 AM
ThomasLindegaard
New Contributor

Hi,

We're exchanging other technology with esri technology in order to take advantage of all the research and development done by esri. Specifically we would like to use .Net runtime 100.2 in a c# wpf base application to several hundreds of global customers. Some of which has a lot of point represented data, sometimes located near eachother so they would want ability to aggregate/cluster the symbols. I've taken this screenshot from an example of clustering in ArcGIS API for WPF - this is basically what we want to do. Now, my question is, when will this be supported in .Net runtime 100.x? And, until then, would you recommend us to use ArcGIS API for WPF?

Billedresultat for arcgis runtime cluster symbol

Cheers,

Thomas Lindegaard

cVation.com
(formerly with Informi GIS, the Danish distributor)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

It is something that's on our backlog, but I don't have any specific timelines to share at this point. 

An alternative approach is to manually group graphics into clusters and set scale-ranges for rendering them.

I would not recommend using the older WPF version, as this is already in extended support, and support is completely dropping this year.

SrinivasanSubramanian1
New Contributor

Hi Morten,

Is Point clustering feature still on your backlog? I also have a similar requirement like Thomas. 

Can you suggest me an alternative if it is something will not be available anytime soon?

YaronAvraham
New Contributor III

Hi, 

we also require the clustering capability, any idea on when esri is going to support this?

0 Kudos
ClayGinn
New Contributor II

I'd like to add another request for this. I would really rather use something that is built-in instead of rolling my own, but it's become something of a requirement. Any idea when this will appear?

0 Kudos
DavidSchuster
Occasional Contributor

Hi Morten, we too are looking for a built-in solution to point clustering.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
maxmax-565656
New Contributor II

Hi,

The application that me and my team are working on requires the clustering feature because we need to display a large amount of graphics on the map 20k and more, and the clustering is a must because many of these graphics will be next to each other.

is there any estimation for the release of the clustering feature?

Thanks.

0 Kudos