Is it possible to make a line symbol with rounded end caps?

Jump to solution
05-03-2019 12:25 PM
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm just wondering if it possible to make a line symbol with rounded end caps and if possible how you might do that? I'm trying to use it with certain polyline graphics that I'm adding to graphics overlay layer.

Thanks,

Mike...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChadYoder1
Occasional Contributor II

Just an idea:  how about just creating a PictureMarkerSymbol which contains the end cap you want, and place that at the end points after the polyline graphic is created?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChadYoder1
Occasional Contributor II

Just an idea:  how about just creating a PictureMarkerSymbol which contains the end cap you want, and place that at the end points after the polyline graphic is created?

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Chad – we ended up adding a point graphic with a SimpleMarkerSymbol to each end of the line with the size of the marker symbol set to the thickness of the line and the color of the marker and line set the same as well. This seems to be working well and gives the illusion of a line with round endcaps.

0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

I am glad the workaround worked for you but at the same time I am curious if CapStyle didn't work for you ?or if functionality lacked what you needed to achieve?

If there is anything missing in this property please let us know, we can review the use case and may be do something to improve it so you don't have to do workarounds.

0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos