Is It Possible to get dictionary renderer symbols and use it in datagridview or list

10-24-2019 09:20 PM
Sharan_saiGudibanda_Nagesh
New Contributor

Is It Possible to get dictionary renderer symbols and use it in Datagridview or list. Suppose i have a stylx file where i was able to renderer the symbols by using attributes. Is this symbols can be used to data grid view and list 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThadTilton
Esri Contributor

Hi!

Do you want to render each symbol primitive in the style and add it to a list or grid? Or do you want to display symbols generated from the style for a particular feature (set of attributes)? To get the symbol for a set of attributes, use DictionarySymbolStyle.GetSymbolAsync. For searching symbols by category, etc. see DictionarySymbolStyle.SearchSymbolsAsync (you can then iterate the results).

You can find some good examples in the samples:

- Read samples from a mobile style (see the GetCurrentSymbol function for getting a symbol for a set of attributes and ReadMobileStyle for an example of iterating all symbols in the style)

- Custom dictionary style - an example of using a custom dictionary style

I hope that helps!

Thad

0 Kudos
Sharan_saiGudibanda_Nagesh
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I would like to get every symbol in style and add it to the list grid and also based on quick accessing I would like to get the recent symbols on top of the list.

Regards

G N Sharan Sai

0 Kudos