IdentifyLayerAsync on two layers flickering in 100.7

01-22-2020 11:17 PM
SandraHinz
New Contributor

I have made the update from version 100.6 to 100.7.

In our WPF app we have more than one layer because the user groups have different. In the GeoViewTapped Event of the MapView we have a foreach-loop of the OperationalLayers. If the layer is a FeatureLayer we call the function IdentifyLayerAsync for this layer, the position and returnPopupsOnly = false.

With the SDK 100.7 the layers seem the flicker with every call of the method. Maybe  the layers have to redraw with the call.

I was searching the release notes but I cannot find an entry for this part.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

Hello, I was trying to see if I can reproduce the problem but wasn't able to.

Could you please elaborate how is your map set up? What sources the data in the map?

- Is it a webmap with FeatureLayers? Are featurelayers hosted featurelayers or ArcGIS FeatureServices?

- or a MobileMapPackage?

- or did you create a new Map and added FeatureLayers to it? again in this case also are featurelayers hostedfeaturelayers or ArcGIS FeatureServices or from a featurelayers from a localgeodatbase.?

I tried the first approach in the list above and wasn't able to see the behavior you reported. If it works, you can even create a simple repro and share with us. It tremendously helps in troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Preeti

0 Kudos
SandraHinz
New Contributor

Hello!

Thank you for your answer. 

I made a small project and it is easy to reproduce the problem with our own feature layers. I couldnot find sample layers that have the same problem. As basemap we have use the default vector basemap and add our own layers.

I made a small video  and i hope the problem is visible.

Sandra

0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

Sandra, Thanks for providing the video. That really helped. The difference was that my layers did not have labels enabled.I can reproduce the problem when I enabled the labels.

Note, it is not the layers that are flickering, it is just the text/labels that flickers. 

I am not certain about the workflow of your app but the only workaround to avoid flicker is to disable the labels for layers. 

I have logged this a bug in our internal bug management system. Thanks for reporting this regression.

Let me know if you have any questions.

0 Kudos
TorreyStevens1
New Contributor

Hello, I also have the same problem with flickering. I have a custom layer that I use for my own labels that only contains text graphics. In 100.7 when I call IdentifyLayerAsync on a completely different layer the text graphics flicker (none of my other graphics flicker). In 100.6 everything works fine.

Torrey 

0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have logged already the bug. I will put your info in that bug. 

0 Kudos