I have a problem with drawing text symbols from shapefiles

Jump to solution
01-10-2018 06:53 AM
AlexBoiko
New Contributor

I read files for the 100.2 version, and getting ShapeFileFeatureTable with  FeatureLayer
I am using render to draw my map. 
I am not able to draw text labels from the ShapeFileFeatureTable.
How can i add text symbols to my render, so i can draw all of the text labels on the map?
I do not understand where  should  i get "description", "label" and "value" for the UniqueValueRenderer to add new UniqueValue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

beacuse FeatureLayer does not support LablingDefinitions.

Ahem: https://developers.arcgis.com/net/latest/wpf/api-reference//html/P_Esri_ArcGISRuntime_Mapping_Featur...

🙂

You won't get text symbols to align with lines by using text symbols. You'd need the labeling engine for that.

> The feature table does not have an angle field

The feature table has the fields you tell it to have. If you want to add an angle field, you can, but you'd need to modify the source data's schema for that..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Could you clarify if you want to add labels to your data, or if you want to use text symbols as the symbols for your data?

0 Kudos
AlexBoiko
New Contributor

I use text symbols for data, beacuse FeatureLayer does not support LablingDefinitions.
And i have problem with positioning of labels, i do not understand where should i get the angle for my street labels, because it draws horizontally, and the feature table does not have an angle field.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

beacuse FeatureLayer does not support LablingDefinitions.

Ahem: https://developers.arcgis.com/net/latest/wpf/api-reference//html/P_Esri_ArcGISRuntime_Mapping_Featur...

🙂

You won't get text symbols to align with lines by using text symbols. You'd need the labeling engine for that.

> The feature table does not have an angle field

The feature table has the fields you tell it to have. If you want to add an angle field, you can, but you'd need to modify the source data's schema for that..