How to tell when GeoprocessingJob has been canceled?

Jump to solution
06-15-2020 01:03 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't see a JobCanceled in the JobStatus enumeration.

When I call Cancel on a GpJob, the next status update status says failed.

Is there some way to verify that it's been canceled - and not failed?

BTW, the REST API Jobstatus has "esriJobCanceled" along with some others that aren't in the .NET SDK...

• esriJobSubmitted (missing)
  • esriJobWaiting (paused?)
  • esriJobExecuting (started?)
  • esriJobSucceeded
  • esriJobFailed 
  • esriJobTimedOut (missing)
  • esriJobCancelling (missing)
  • esriJobCancelled (missing)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Kirk,

The `Job` in this case represents a Runtime Job which handles specific runs of the Task instance. It's a common framework for Runtime Tasks. For Geoprocessing the Job can be either:

- Synchronous "execute"

- Asynchronous "submit job"

Only the server-side "submit job" type provides a job ID and the status list you shared above. Those status values will be available in the Messages property of the GeoprocessingJob class.

Thanks

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Kirk,

The `Job` in this case represents a Runtime Job which handles specific runs of the Task instance. It's a common framework for Runtime Tasks. For Geoprocessing the Job can be either:

- Synchronous "execute"

- Asynchronous "submit job"

Only the server-side "submit job" type provides a job ID and the status list you shared above. Those status values will be available in the Messages property of the GeoprocessingJob class.

Thanks

Mike

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michael -

This seems to work with the LocalServer geoprocessing sample.  Glad to see ArcGIS Enterprise returns the same "Job canceled" too.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
EricBader2
New Contributor III

Hey Mike,

If I cancel a sync process, does this Cancel actually 'roll back' anything that took place during the job process before the cancel? I was assuming it does.

Thanks!

0 Kudos