How to load multiple cells in HydrographicS57Layer

Jump to solution
01-13-2015 01:16 AM
Sindre_PaulsrudMoe
New Contributor

Hello,

We are working on a maritime application in WPF using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET. In the documentation it says it should be possible to load one or more cells in the HydrographicS57Layer, however, I can only see a Path property referring to a single cell. I imagine if we load many cells at once and one layer must be created for each cell there will be a performance penalty?

I noticed in the older SDK for WPF there is a Cells collection property on the layer. Has this changed in the SDK for .NET?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sindre

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor

You are right that a change in .Net API: you need to create one layer by cell.

There is no performance penalty since behind the scene in WPF a group layer with one sublayer by cell was created as well.

You'll try to fix the documentation in a next version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor

You are right that a change in .Net API: you need to create one layer by cell.

There is no performance penalty since behind the scene in WPF a group layer with one sublayer by cell was created as well.

You'll try to fix the documentation in a next version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Sindre_PaulsrudMoe
New Contributor

Thanks! As a follow-up question:

We want to be able to extract additional information about a feature at a particular coordinate within the cell. For example to be able to click on a buoy or get depth/sounding information at a particular point. Can this be achieved? I have already managed to extract some information using the HitTestAsync method on the layer to get the S57FeatureObject collection at a point but it does not seem to include all information. Am I on the right track or is there some other way to get the data as well? When we have a lot of layers do we need to loop through them all and do hit testing on each?

I have compared it to a different application (ENC-X) where it is possible to also retrieve textual information in the cell, such as T&P's and caution areas.

Some best-practices and guidance on the above would be great.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
InnesMacKenzie
New Contributor

You're on the right track - any attributes should be exposed in the feature object's Attributes list. Hit testing is per-layer, so if you want to search a bunch of layers you need to do each one in turn (but obviously since it's an async hit test method you can kick them all off at the same time).

0 Kudos