How do you add LocalServer folder into installer project

06-14-2019 04:17 AM
GeneKula
New Contributor

We have a wpf application that has an installer project that creates the msi used to install our application.  My question is how do we include the LocalServer folder that is generated in the bin into that installer project? 

As a separate but related question, if my installer project targets 32-bit machines, how do I only include 32-bit LocalServer folders.  Likewise, for 64-bit installations

Thanks in advance!

Gene

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

> We have a wpf application that has an installer project that creates the msi used to install our application.  My question is how do we include the LocalServer folder that is generated in the bin into that installer project? 

We improved this in Update 5, so all local server files "just work" as they are now included as content and msbuild will recognize them as required files. Otherwise you'd have to add the localserver folder from the output folder to your project.

> As a separate but related question, if my installer project targets 32-bit machines, how do I only include 32-bit LocalServer folders.  Likewise, for 64-bit installations

This should happen automatically if you set your app to compile for x86. Likewise for 64. If you configure it as AnyCPU, it'll deploy both.

0 Kudos