Handling Many to Many Relationships

06-02-2016 09:31 AM
BenPalmer
New Contributor

I have been trying to present information associated with a feature defined by many-to-many relationships and have run into roadblocks. I am able to create a local geodatabase with related tables and many-to-many relationship information tables and all of the data pieces appear to be as expected when looking into the SQLite database tables. However, when diving into the Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISService.Relationship class it appears that there is not enough information to create a query to pull the data from the necessary tables. I can find the proper relationship class instance with the cardinality set as many-to-many as expected but the relate table IDs appear to point directly to the feature tables and not the many-to-many table. I cannot find the missing link need to identify the proper relationship table and column information to build the queries I need to access the related records on either side of these many-to-many relationships. Has anyone else encountered this and found a means for complete this relationship chain without assuming too much about the database schema?

I am using 10.2.5 Runtime for .Net.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonFairchild
New Contributor II

We saw this issue in Runtime 10.2.x and still see it in Runtime 100.5 and Server 10.7. Many-to-many relationships are not properly populated in a runtime geodatabase.

0 Kudos