Geoprocessing service failed to start ??

Jump to solution
10-06-2018 10:06 PM
ManishShrivastav
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net to develop a WPF App which is trying to demonstrate how to perform geoprocessing tasks using Local Server by duplicating the code from ArcGISRuntime.WPF.Viewer and making necessary changes in the code.

After debugging I get a exception message "geoprocessing service failed to start."

I have installed all the necessary references and SDKs and nuget packages as well.

I am attaching the XAML and C# code files as well.

Please let me know what am I not doing right to get the app started.

Thank you,

Manish

0 Kudos
24 Replies
ManishShrivastav
New Contributor III

Kim, I reattached the files to my original post. The message I get is "geoprocessing service failed to start." from one of try - catch code as in picture below. I can send you the project solution if that's possible else I have attached the code files to my original post.

0 Kudos
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

I just wanted to let you know that we are still looking into this.

0 Kudos
NagmaYasmin
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Manish,

I just came across this issue and would like to share the resolution I found. Looks like in "ArcGISLocalServer_100.3.AGSDeployment file, you need to set the both of the below options to "false". in 100.3, the local server components specified in the AGSDeployment xml file are not placed correctly, that is my assumption and findings.

<Package id="ArcMapGeoprocessing" name="Geoprocessing" enabled="false">

<Package id="ArcMapPythonScripting" name="Python Scripting" enabled="false" />  // if you use python script to create Geoprocessing tool

Hope that helps.LocalServer_Deployment

ManishShrivastav
New Contributor III

Yasmin,

I am still not able to figure out what I am doing wrong and even after changing the AGSDeployment xml

<Package id="ArcMapGeoprocessing" name="Geoprocessing" enabled="false">

<Package id="ArcMapPythonScripting" name="Python Scripting" enabled="false" />
still the issue remains. Is it possible for you to give me access to the project that you have included here as screenshots. I want to try the same on my PC and see what am I missing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
NagmaYasmin

Hi Manish,

Attached is the project. Install the NuGet package for Local server/WPF. I came to know that the same project in other m/c fails to start the local server. I don't have any clue, why. 

Good luck !!!

ManishShrivastav
New Contributor III

Thanks Yasmin. I installed the NuGet packages but still it fails to start the local server.

0 Kudos
NagmaYasmin

Hi Manish,

Would it be possible to share your GPK package to test. Thanks

0 Kudos
ManishShrivastav
New Contributor III

Hi Nagma,

I have attached the GPK and TPK packages to my original post as "Geoprocessing packages.Zip".

Thank you,

Manish

0 Kudos
KimberlyMcCarty
Esri Contributor

I was able to reproduce starting the Local Server with the provided sample, but only when referencing the packages from Nuget and setting all the parameters to false. If the packages downloaded, then I would still receive the error for the GP Service not starting. Presumably Nuget is downloading the 100.3.0.0 version of Local Server while it references the 100.3.0.1 version.

How are you loading in the SDK? Are you downloading them from Nuget, or referencing them?

ManishShrivastav
New Contributor III

Kimberly,

I have installed local server 100.3.0 on my machine and for the program but the Nuget package for local server downloads 100.3.0.1 on Nuget. So I am not sure how is it referencing to version 100.3.0.

0 Kudos