Geodatabase v100.1

10-29-2017 12:59 PM
JanaZieglerova
New Contributor

Hello, i am trying work with geodatabase in ArcGISRuntime v100.1 for .NET. I created from .tif files .gdb folder (with files), but when i want load data, it throw exception.

Geodatabase geodatabase = await Geodatabase.OpenAsync(@"C:\Users\myname\Desktop\MapTest.gdb");

-> Exception: ErrorCode = 20, Message = "No data".

What that mean? Is even possible load .gdb in v100.1? I found some examples with .geodatabase for v100.1, but when i want generate it in ArcMap (ArcGIS Runtime Content) it show few errors.

What is the best way for load a large number of .tif files to layers? I thought about create for each file one Raster and then RasterLayer, but how can i effective set data about each Raster? I have actualy .mdb file with this informations (minx, maxx, miny, maxy,..). Is possible generate .json file for my rasters from .gdb?

Thanks for every idea!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jana,

I have the same issue but with ".geodatabase" file. I have tried to load the same data and it worked from Runtime samples code, but did not work from my. I found that my application is UWP and sample application is WPF. I have generated new ArcGIS Runtime for WPF application, pasted my code and it worked.

I am new to ArcGIS Runtime too, but I haven't found that you can load ".gdb" databases to Runtime application. I have made my ".geodatabase" file from ArcMap. At startup I have got errors like you, but I checked and eliminated errors. 

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

File Geodatabases aren't supported. You will have to export the data to an "ArcGIS Runtime Geodatabase" (using the ArcGIS Runtime Content tool) for it to work.

0 Kudos