ESRI.ArcGISRuntime.runtimes.win restored to .NETFramework instead of .NETCoreApp

09-21-2020 04:30 PM
DamonJoyce
New Contributor

I'm getting the following warning when compiling my application:

Package 'Esri.ArcGISRuntime.runtimes.win 100.9.0' was restored using '.NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.6.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1, .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2, .NETFramework,Version=v4.8' instead of the project target framework '.NETCoreApp,Version=v3.1'. This package may not be fully compatible with your project.

My target framework is .NETCore 3.1, and I have the ESRI.ArcGISRuntime.WPF v100.9.0 installed via NuGet.

Everything still works, but I really want to publish it as a self-contained product without relying on .NETFramework installs on the user's computer. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

You can safely ignore this warning. It appears to be a nuget restore bug

0 Kudos
DamonJoyce
New Contributor

The issue though is that it seems to prevent publishing using the "Produce single file" option under File publish options in Visual Studio 2019. I'd like to distribute a single file to users, rather than a folder of 200+ files.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

How does it prevent that? What error are you getting? (there is a few DLLs and a bunch of .cso files which are required but they should get embedded into the single file just fine)

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

If you have a chance, could you try and upgrade Visual Studio to the latest 16.8.0+ and see if this resolves your issue? We've seen one other case where this resolved it for them.

0 Kudos
DamonJoyce
New Contributor

I've updated to the latest version of VS, and cleared my NuGet cache. I still get the error.

When I try to do a single-file compile, I get an unknown error. (Publish has encountered an error. We were unable to determine the cause of the error. Check the output log for more details. --- The output log says the same thing... helpful.)

image.png

0 Kudos
FestusRedelinghuys
New Contributor

Ditto

0 Kudos