Configure LocalServer Url

Jump to solution
06-05-2019 09:20 AM
BorjaParés_Fuente
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm developing an ArcGIS Runtime WPF appliation that startup a LocalServer to publish some mpk created in ArcMap. During the LocalServer initialization I can see in the console that the LocalServer will be started listening in a port between 50000 and 60000, and with a random prefix to be included in the url:

'maxport' = '60000'
'minport' = '50000'
'urlprefix' = 'random'

So, for example, the url of the server could be: http://127.0.0.1:50000/27QB1W/arcgis/rest

Each time the application starts, and initializes the local server, the url prefix is changed.

is there any way to fix to a static values, the port number and the urlprefix?

I'm going to develop a javascript application that can consume the services published in the local server, so that is the reason to have a fixed server url.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Disabling the random prefix is possible via the Local Server Utility app in the SDK installation folder (e.g. `C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\LocalServer100.5\64\bin\LocalServerUtility.exe`).

Note:- the Local Server component is currently only supported for use with applications built with ArcGIS Runtime components (using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java, or ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt C++). It is not supported for use with web applications.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Disabling the random prefix is possible via the Local Server Utility app in the SDK installation folder (e.g. `C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\LocalServer100.5\64\bin\LocalServerUtility.exe`).

Note:- the Local Server component is currently only supported for use with applications built with ArcGIS Runtime components (using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java, or ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt C++). It is not supported for use with web applications.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
BorjaParés_Fuente
New Contributor II

Thanks Michael, that's it!

Yes, the idea is to have an ArcGIS Runtime Application in background with an instance of the Local Server running with some services published. Then, develop another application with ArcGIS Javasciprt API consuming those services.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I believe that's against the license. This is really what the (non-local) ArcGIS Server is for 🙂