Clustering in ArcGis Runtime SDK for .NET

Jump to solution
07-14-2014 09:34 AM
EugenReiswich
New Contributor

Hi folks,

we would like to display thousands of graphics in our GraphicsLayer and cluster them according to a particular zoom level. There used to be a GraphicsClusterer (ArcGIS API for WPF‌) in former SDK. How do we solve this problem with the newer SDK?

Kind Regards,

Eugen

0 Kudos
23 Replies
KrishnaPriya
New Contributor II

Hi Mike,

As you suggested I am trying to Port the above code from Esri.ArcGISRuntime 10.2.7.0 to   Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.1.0.0 (WPF). I did not get the alternative for GraphicCollection. 

GraphicCollection is An observable collection of Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Layers.Graphic. in Esri.ArcGISRuntime 10.2.7.0. GraphicCollection in Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.1.0.0.is An observable collection of Esri.ArcGISRuntime.UI.Graphic. 

I tried with GraphicsOverlayCollection. But didnt work as expected. 

Can you please help me out ? 

Thanks in advance !!

0 Kudos
KrishnaPriya
New Contributor II

And can i use a bing map layer on Arcgis and do clustering on that layer? 

0 Kudos
TylerLawson
New Contributor III

Are there any updates on when this will be available in the 100.x version?

0 Kudos
DerekCrocker
New Contributor

Now that we are 100.7, I still don't see this feature, does anyone have a solution?

DavidSchuster
Occasional Contributor

We also need a solution for clustering - we're currently on 100.7

0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

FYI,

Support for displaying clusters for point feature layers in dynamic rendering mode is now supported in latest version of ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET version 200.2 For more info please review the latest release notes.

Also refer to public sample available on pubic samples repo here.

Thanks,

Preeti

0 Kudos
kunalsuryavanshi
New Contributor

We also need a solution for clustering - we're currently on 100.9

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. This feature is still under consideration for a future release.

It will help our design process if you can share any additional information about what type of data you would like to cluster, how many features/graphics, what type of symbols or renderer, how you would like them to display when clustered, what level of control you would like over the clustering behavior, whether the clustering should be animated or not?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
PriyankParekh
New Contributor

Hi @MichaelBranscomb, just wanted to check if clustering feature is now available or if there's a timeline on when it will be available. Thanks.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your question. Clustering / feature reduction is still on the roadmap for a future release. 

0 Kudos