Any plans for Local Server to support Attribute Rules?

01-15-2019 07:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This blog post describes how Enterprise 10.7 will support Attribute Rules

Attribute Rules: What’s new in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 

Are there any plans for supporting this capability in Local Server?

Thanks, Kirk

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Kirk,

That's a great question - the next release of Local Server is v100.5 and will be based on ArcGIS 10.7 and Pro 2.3. For local services that are connecting to enterprise geodatabases, those services should honor any attribute rules that are configured. I say that with the caveat that we have not yet tested this for the updated Local Server.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Michael -

Thanks for the fast response.  I see the current version of Local Server is v100.3, does this mean Esri is skipping v100.4?

I'd like to be able to run Local Server in an offline mode (without connecting to Enterprise 10.7) and have it enforce attribute rules.  Any chance this will be supported?

Thanks again, Kirk

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Local Server v100.3 was built on ArcGIS 10.6 and Pro 2.1. There was no significant benefit in releasing a version of Local Server based on ArcGIS 10.6.1 and Pro 2.2 therefore we skipped v100.4 and will release again as v100.5 in the same timeframe as the v100.5 ArcGIS Runtime APIs. Longer term we are considering ways in which we can further decouple the Local Server SDK from the ArcGIS Runtime APIs because it is essentially tied to ArcGIS/Pro releases rather than the Runtime.

Attribute Rules are currently not supported for File Geodatabases therefore we cannot yet provide support for that scenario with Local Server. But when this workflow is available in a future release of ArcGIS/Pro, we should be able to enable support for those in Local Server too.

Support for Attribute Rules is also under consideration for the roadmap of the ArcGIS Runtime API (e.g. ServiceFeatureTable, GeodatabaseFeatureTable).

It will be great to hear more details about how you intend to use them in your ArcGIS Runtime apps - we can use as input to the design process for that feature.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos