Access Violation In Runtime 100.5 With Composite Locator Containing New Locator

Jump to solution
04-10-2019 03:41 PM
KyleGruber
Occasional Contributor II

I'm getting an Access Violation in runtimecore.dll when calling SuggestAsync on LocatorTask (ArcGIS Runtime 100.5).  This is a composite address locator comprised of 3 Street Address locators embedded in a mobile map package (created with ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2).

What I'm trying to accomplish is less strict enforcement of the address suggestion/geolocation when it comes to pre/post directions and suffixes.  For example, if the user enters "100 MAIN", I would like the suggestions to include 100 E MAIN ST if it exists.  I have not found a way to accomplish this with a single locator, so instead I stacked locators in a composite (first one contains all elements, second one removes pre/post directions, third one further removes suffix).  If there is a better way to accomplish this, I would certainly be open to hearing it.

A sample project with this issue can be downloaded here:

https://helpdesk.alertts.com/content/Debugging/ArcGISApp1.7z

Note:  Just in case it's not obvious, to reproduce the issue type anything in the textbox in the upper-left corner.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Kyle,

I have just verified a fix for this issue in the current development build. We plan to include the fix in the upcoming v100.6 release (late summer).

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

9 Replies
KyleGruber

Just wondering if anyone has taken a look at this, especially the crash that cannot really be debugged by me as it is a native crash in RuntimeCore?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Thanks for the excellent repro app - I've reproduced the access violation with the current v100.5 release and a development build of v100.6 and have opened an issue in our internal bug tracking repo.

I'll update this thread when I have some more information.

Cheers

Mike

KyleGruber

Fantastic, thank you Mike!

0 Kudos
KyleGruber

Mike,

Just wanted to provide some further information, it appears using SuggestAsync on a composite locator that contains a locator created with the new geoprocessing tool of any kind causes this crash.

0 Kudos
KyleGruber

Michael,

Any updates on this?  I know you guys are extremely busy, I'd just like to know if this is still being looked into.  Causing a pretty major problem in our workflow. 

I think I may have thought of a potential solution of manually creating a composite locator by creating a collection of LocatorTask objects tied to the locator files, but obviously this isn't perfect (doesn't tie in the priority logic built in with a Composite Locator), I will let you know how this goes.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Kyle,

Sorry to hear this is causing a significant issue for you. Current status: a PR with candidate fix was submitted for code review on May 31. We aim to include this in the next release release (100.6 / Summer 2019). 

Cheers

Mike

KyleGruber

Mike,

Thank you, no worries, just wanted to know if this was a confirmed bug and was in the queue!

0 Kudos
KyleGruber

Just curious if anyone else has run into this, this is effectively preventing distribution of multiple locators no matter how they were created or how they're packaged (composite or individual) if a new style locator is present.  The new locators are amazing, but obviously this is preventing simple things such as finding intersections with a center line locator when you already have an address point locator.

Michael Branscomb‌ Just wondering if a bug has officially been logged for this, or am I possibly just doing something completely wrong here?

create locator arcgis pro 2.3 arcgis runtime sdk .net‌ composite address locator‌

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Kyle,

I have just verified a fix for this issue in the current development build. We plan to include the fix in the upcoming v100.6 release (late summer).

Cheers

Mike