Zoom into PictureFillSymbol

09-09-2020 02:32 PM
YaronAvraham
New Contributor III

I've created a graphics with polygon and PictureFillSymbol the picture is a schematics of some structure, 

i need to be able to zoom into the picture. 

right now when i'm zooming into the polygon, the polygon size increases but the inside picture stays the same size.

Thanks for any advice

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

It is not possible to zoom into the picture of a  PictureFillSymbol. However for working with images there are couple options: 

a) Use Image Overlays ( Only available in 3D )

- Image Overlays. See Add image overlays—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers  

- Sample with Image Overlays -Animate images with image overlay | ArcGIS for Developers 

b) ImageOverlay does not support the rich processing and rendering capabilities. If  you need those then you should use Raster and RasterLayer for workflows that require static image rendering, analysis, and persistence.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Preeti

YaronAvraham
New Contributor III

i understand, is there a way to load picture as a standalone layer without the rasterlayer?

all i need is to place a simple picture on some envelope or polygon, so the picture will be binded to the spatial reference.

raster layer requires standard license, i'm trying to do it with the capabilities of lite license.

Thanks alot!

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

You could try a KML image overlay ?  Might give you the experience you want.

Mark

0 Kudos
YaronAvraham
New Contributor III

Thanks Mark,

Yes it will work but KML with local image also requiers standard license

0 Kudos