Xamarin UWP Map displays White sporadically after returning to page

10-27-2019 04:11 PM
RyanReams
New Contributor

When using Esri ArcGIS .net version 100.6, Xamarin UWP shows a blank page on the map when coming back from a previous page.  I have tried previous suggestions of disabling MapView.LocationDisplay.IsEnabled when leaving the page, and re-enabling MapView.LocationDisplay.IsEnabled after coming back to the page.  I have seen others mention that this is occurring for them, but there doesn't seem to be a valid fix listed anywhere through.

See attached gif for behavior example

0 Kudos
11 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm a little confused about the GIF: I don't see the map ever going blank, but always shows a map?

0 Kudos
RyanReams
New Contributor

I updated the gif to show a longer white map visibility before the gif loops back through.  I can send a video if that may be easier as well

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks. I see it now. Does the map ever "wake up" once it goes white? (for example when trying to pan or resize the window)

0 Kudos
RyanReams
New Contributor

It does not.

0 Kudos
KavitaPandey
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue as Ryan and I am using the runtime v100.7.0 with Xamarin forms.

Did you have any lead on what could have been causing this?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Can you share a simple repro app?

It will useful for us to see what type of UI control the mapview is hosted in e.g. relative layout, frame, etc and how you are handing the forward/backward navigation. Also it will show what versions of UWP, Xamarin Forms, your project references. Finally, in Visual Studio can you go to Help ? About Visual Studio > DxDiag then tap Save All Information to share the system specs (assuming you can repro on you dev machine).

Are you able to reproduce with the Samples for Xamarin Forms on UWP? GitHub - Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet: Sample code for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET – UWP, WPF,... 

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
JeanPIERRON
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue as Ryan using the runtime v100.9 with xamarin forms.

Coming back on the view 

Did you have any lead on what could have been causing this ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Can you share a simple repro app?

It will useful for us to see what type of UI control the mapview is hosted in e.g. relative layout, frame, etc and how you are handing the forward/backward navigation. Also it will show what versions of UWP, Xamarin Forms, your project references. Finally, in Visual Studio can you go to Help ? About Visual Studio > DxDiag then tap Save All Information to share the system specs (assuming you can repro on you dev machine).

Are you able to reproduce with the Samples for Xamarin Forms on UWP? GitHub - Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet: Sample code for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET – UWP, WPF,... 

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
JeanPIERRON
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

We are not working on UWP, only with Forms aiming at iOS and Android devices.

I have put together a sample basically reproducing our app navigation structure, and published it on GitHub here.

Additionally, i added a gif of the behaviour i get on our project :

Bests,

Jean.

0 Kudos