Xamarin ArcGIS Runtime 100.10 samples for iOS do not compile for iPhone simulator

Jump to solution
02-18-2021 08:54 AM
HectorMeneses
New Contributor II

I'm trying to upgrade our Xamarin iOS native app from 100.5 to 100.10, however, 100.10 does not compile for the simulator.

I have macOS Big Sur, Visual Studio for Mac 8.8.9 ( build 10 ). 

The build works for physical devices and completes in less than 3 minutes.

However, the simulator build does not finish. When I stop the build after say 10 minutes. I can see the following in the build output window:   

Tool /usr/bin/codesign execution started with arguments: -v --force --sign - --timestamp=none "../../../output/iOS/iPhoneSimulator/debug/device-builds/iphone 12 pro-14.4/ArcGISRuntime.app/RuntimeCoreNet/resources/shaders/point_cloud_3d_draw_ps.metallib"

Tool /usr/bin/codesign execution started with arguments: -v --force --sign - --timestamp=none "../../../output/iOS/iPhoneSimulator/debug/device-builds/iphone 12 pro-14.4/ArcGISRuntime.app/RuntimeCoreNet/resources/shaders/sequence_marker_pick_ps.metallib"

Tool /usr/bin/codesign execution started with arguments: -v --force --sign - --timestamp=none "../../../output/iOS/iPhoneSimulator/debug/device-builds/iphone 12 pro-14.4/ArcGISRuntime.app/RuntimeCoreNet/resources/shaders/polyline_3d_depth_ps.metallib"

After that, I have to close Visual Studio for Mac completely as it gets stuck.

This happens with our app and with the Xamarin ArcGIS Runtime 100.10 samples app. 

I have read that version 100.9 was the first to include support for metal simulators. I have seen some posts where it looks like other developers are able to run in the simulators. 

Is there some other type of configuration/setup that I need to do to be able to run 100.10 in the simulators?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HectorMeneses
New Contributor II

hmm... this was a problem with my code signing identity... I set it up correctly and the simulators work now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HectorMeneses
New Contributor II

hmm... this was a problem with my code signing identity... I set it up correctly and the simulators work now.

0 Kudos