WMTS Layer with GeoServer is not visible in ArcGIS Runtime .Net

Jump to solution
04-13-2022 06:23 PM
LittleRookie
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have been using GeoServer 2.20.3 and latest ArcGIS runtime SDK for .Net 100.13.1, and the WMTS layer with EPSG4326 are not visible in the Scene.

The Scene spatial reference was set by default EPSG4326, but the debug message from LayerViewStateChanged event show error "Spatial reference invalid or incompatible: The Spatial Reference is invalid or incompatible with the Map's". 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

Hello!

Scenes support Web Mercator (3857) and WGS-84 (4326) for tiled layers, and this is controlled by the SceneViewTilingScheme property  It defaults to Web Mercator.

Note that a SceneView will be locked into whatever TilingScheme the first displayed Scene had. If you later need to display a Scene with a different TilingScheme, you will have to re-create the SceneView as well.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

Hello!

Scenes support Web Mercator (3857) and WGS-84 (4326) for tiled layers, and this is controlled by the SceneViewTilingScheme property  It defaults to Web Mercator.

Note that a SceneView will be locked into whatever TilingScheme the first displayed Scene had. If you later need to display a Scene with a different TilingScheme, you will have to re-create the SceneView as well.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
LittleRookie
New Contributor II

Thanks!

It works!

But, my tile layer data contains Web Mercator (3857) and WGS-84 (4326) , with the constraint by SceneViewTilingScheme, they can not be visible at the same time.

Suggestion: SceneViewTilingScheme maybe set to tile layer, and SceneView can display both Web Mercator (3857) and WGS-84 (4326) tiles.

0 Kudos
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

I will pass on the request!  I believe the limit to one tiling scheme per SceneView is driven by performance considerations, especially on mobile platforms.

Check if any of your data is available as a WMS service or an ArcGIS MapServer.  These kinds of services often have many SpatialReferences to choose from, so you might be able to use it -- via WmsLayer or ArcGISMapImageLayer -- alongside a WMTS basemap.

0 Kudos