Windows Store support in 100.13

Jump to solution
03-30-2022 12:43 PM
brayden-marshall
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm seeing an issue with Windows Store deployment that seems related to the ArcGIS Runtime SDK.

We've recently upgraded our app to the SDK version 100.13, and are preparing for a release of our own. Just after upgrading to 100.13, I'm seeing that our app is now failing to pass the test in the WACK (Windows App Certification Kit), meaning that we won't be able to submit to the Windows Store.

The failed requirement from the WACK report is showing the following error:

<REQUIREMENT NUMBER="15" TITLE="Supported API test" RATIONALE="The application should only refer to the APIs allowed by the Windows SDK for Windows Store Apps.">
   <TEST INDEX="38" NAME="Supported APIs" DESCRIPTION="Windows Store App must only use supported platform APIs." EXECUTIONTIME="03h:18m:12s.70ms" OPTIONAL="FALSE">
     <MESSAGES>
       <MESSAGE TEXT="API ?id@?$codecvt@_UDU_Mbstatet@@@std@@2V0locale@2@A in msvcp140_codecvt_ids_app.dll is not supported for this application type. runtimecore.dll calls this API." />
     </MESSAGES>
     <RESULT><![CDATA[FAIL]]></RESULT>
   </TEST>
</REQUIREMENT>

The relevant portion is on line 4, saying "... runtimecore.dll calls this API", which makes me think it's related to the SDK upgrade. I don't know much about the rest of that error message, other than that it seems to be referencing this codecvt library, saying that it is not supported for Windows Store.

Can anyone provide more insight into this issue?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brayden-marshall
New Contributor II

Update on this:

The initial test I did wasn't using the latest version of the WACK. After upgrading to the WACK from the latest Windows SDK (10.0.22000.194), the test now succeeds with no changes to our app. I don't yet fully understand what the implications of this are, but in any case the issue seems to be with the outdated WACK and not with the ArcGIS Runtime upgrade.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
brayden-marshall
New Contributor II

Update on this:

The initial test I did wasn't using the latest version of the WACK. After upgrading to the WACK from the latest Windows SDK (10.0.22000.194), the test now succeeds with no changes to our app. I don't yet fully understand what the implications of this are, but in any case the issue seems to be with the outdated WACK and not with the ArcGIS Runtime upgrade.

MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi 

Thanks for confirming that updating to the latest Windows SDK resolved your issue. We have occasionally seen API calls falsely reported by previous versions of the WACK, and this appears to be a similar case.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DavePriest1
New Contributor

Although WACK 10.0.22000.194 does not report an issue when we submit our app to the store we end up with aforementioned blocking error.  This is true for 100.13.0 and 100.13.1.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

This issue has been reproduced and it is under investigation. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

It appears Microsoft has fixed something in their certification process, and it'll now go through again. Could you retry submitting the app and report back if it also works for you?

0 Kudos
brayden-marshall
New Contributor II

We tried re-submitting yesterday morning and it succeeded (with no other changes on our end). We've already published our app to the store and everything seems to be in order.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DavePriest1
New Contributor

Is your app 32bit, 64bit or Any CPU?

0 Kudos
DavePriest1
New Contributor

Ah nevermind, i didnt scroll enough, its fails for both 32bit and 64bit in the report for me.

0 Kudos
DavePriest1
New Contributor

Wish I could say the same.  This is from an hour ago.

Supported API test

FAILED
Supported APIs
  • Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
    • API ?id@?$codecvt@_UDU_Mbstatet@@@std@@2V0locale@2@A in msvcp140_codecvt_ids_app.dll is not supported for this application type. runtimecore.dll calls this API.
  • Impact if not fixed: Using an API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps violates the Microsoft Store certification requirements.
  • How to fix: Review the error messages to identify the API that is not part of the Windows SDK for Microsoft Store apps. Please note, apps that are built in a debug configuration or without .NET Native enabled (where applicable) can fail this test as these environments may pull in unsupported APIs. Retest your app in a release configuration, and with .NET Native enabled if applicable. See the link below for more information:
    Alternatives to Windows APIs in Microsoft Store apps.
0 Kudos