Windows Phone running on x86 CPU

Jump to solution
03-17-2015 07:33 AM
ÅsaWegelius
New Contributor III

I must have missed something. I have a Nokia 630 that I try to use as device for the .NET Windows Phone tutorials. But when I tried to deploy the app I got a DEP3311 error. I have to set solution platforms to ARM but Arcgis Runtime only works with x86. And when I search the net for solutions I only find answers like :

You can't build x86 app for the store, as it doesn't accept x86 apps. That's because there are no Windows Phones running on x86 CPUs right now

So how do you guys solve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Just make sure that when you are deploying the application it is really set to ARM and it should just work. We don't do anything special here.

For windows phone 8.1 (universal), you can run your app in emulator when compiling it with x86 and if you want to deploy it to the device you have to compile it using ARM. If you have set solution platform to ARM you don't see design experience in Visual Studio since that only supports x86.

Btw, Are you using old Windows Phone SDK or new ArcGIS Runtime for .NET?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnttiKajanus1

Just make sure that when you are deploying the application it is really set to ARM and it should just work. We don't do anything special here.

For windows phone 8.1 (universal), you can run your app in emulator when compiling it with x86 and if you want to deploy it to the device you have to compile it using ARM. If you have set solution platform to ARM you don't see design experience in Visual Studio since that only supports x86.

Btw, Are you using old Windows Phone SDK or new ArcGIS Runtime for .NET?

0 Kudos
ÅsaWegelius
New Contributor III

I'm  using the Runtime for .NET. I can deploy it now, just have to find out why the map is not showing

Thanks for the quick response

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

Check that the layers are loading. LayerLoaded event on MapView is handy for that.

0 Kudos