Why does DB Browser for SQLite treat stylex content column as blob?

04-08-2020 03:52 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I open Utilities_en.stylex with DB Browser for SQLite 3.11.2, I can see the Content column in the Items table as json.

However, when I open the ArcGISRuntime2D_Pro25.stylx  from the symbol editor sample, it treats the Content column as a Blob.

Can't change the mode either...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post ... I'm not sure if this is a bug in DB Browser (perhaps this one? ) ... or with ArcGIS pro (which I guess created the stylex file to begin with) or maybe there's a save_stylex hiding somewhere in the SDK ?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Kirk

Unfortunately we don't know the answer to this one - it appears to be an issue in DB Browser. Perhaps related to a change in the app or perhaps related to the size of the data in the field (suggested by one of my colleagues).

Some other SQLite browsers don't appear to have this issue. One informal suggestion was TkSQLite, but that's not an official recommendation or endorsement.

Thanks

Mike

MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

... the Symbol Editor demo is also a great way to see/copy the JSON for symbology: arcgis-runtime-demos-dotnet/src/SymbolEditor at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-demos-dotnet · GitHub 

ZoltanKelly
New Contributor III

For those that come across this, ‘…For some reason, the json string has a character at the end that makes DB Browser think it's a blob instead of text. If you delete the 00 at the end, it will then display as text and you can get an idea of what the json looks like for a CIMPointSymbol for example...’

from https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-documents/how-to-programatically-add-symbols-to-a-stylx/ta-...

that article is good for messing around with stylx files, and I don’t know any other way

0 Kudos