Why are code snippets in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net (Beta) in Java.

Jump to solution
08-14-2014 08:57 AM
DaleShearer
Occasional Contributor

Hi, thanks for looking at my question.  I am working with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .Net (Beta).  I can build the little app to show a map.  Now I want to create an offline geodatabase, perform edits, then sync back to the feature server.

I need to know if I am missing something, I am using Visual Studio 2012, and the code samples/snippets are Java.  I am working on converting the code to .net which is beyond time consuming, is there a setting in Visual Studio 2012 to allow it to run Java?

So is there a piece I am missing in understanding why the SDK is .Net and the code is Java?

Thank you for your time.  Dale,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Where do you see code samples in Java? There should only be C# and VB sample code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Where do you see code samples in Java? There should only be C# and VB sample code.

0 Kudos
DaleShearer
Occasional Contributor

Hi Morten, I am finally able to get back to your question.  It is my mistake, I worked only in VB.Net, then in quick succession I was tasked with doing code in Python, Java, back to VB.Net, then to C#.  I should of looked at C# code before I posted the question, I had never worked with Python or Java, then when I saw the C# code I thought it was Java as I had never worked with C# either.

Sorry about that.  Dale,

0 Kudos