Which Class replace SystemUI and Controls of ArcObject in the new version of arcGis runtime version 100

07-13-2017 06:45 AM
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Hello every one ,

I need to display a a toolbar for my map using arcGis runtime version 100.1 , on the ArcObject there  using ESRI.ArcGIS.Controls; using ESRI.ArcGIS.SystemUI; name spaces that can be used to display the toolbars for exemple : 

private void SetToolbarPropertiesMapControl() { //Set the properties of AxToolbarControl mapToolbarControl.Orientation = esriToolbarOrientation.esriToolbarOrientationHorizontal; mapToolbarControl.SetBuddyControl(mapControl); mapToolbarControl.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapZoomInTool", -1, -1, false, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly); mapToolbarControl.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapZoomOutTool", -1, -1, false, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly); mapToolbarControl.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapPanTool", -1, -1, false, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly); mapToolbarControl.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapFullExtentCommand", -1, -1, false, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly); mapToolbarControl.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapZoomToLastExtentBackCommand", -1, -1, false, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly); mapToolbarControl.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapZoomToLastExtentForwardCommand", -1, -1, false, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly); mapToolbarControl.AddItem("esriControls.ControlsMapMeasureTool", -1, -1, false, 0, esriCommandStyles.esriCommandStyleIconOnly); }

can any one have an idea about how to do that ? thanks in advanced 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JensBuchta
Occasional Contributor

There is no such equivalent as ArcObjects (specifically the ArcGIS for Desktop part) and ArcGIS Runtime are designed for different purposes.

ArcObjects (or at least the UI - namespaces) is designed to extend the existing ArcMap application or to create a Windows Desktop application. Therefore, ArcObjects based application always have the same look and feel - a menubar and some toolbars to control not only the map, but also the whole application.

ArcGIS Runtime in contrast is designed to provide an SDK around the MapView control. The design of the application itself may be very different due to different target devices. You can target Windows Desktop, Windows Store, Android, iOS or even special devices. All those devices have a very different look & feel, so that controls like a toolbar wouldn't really fit.

To be as independent from target applications as possible, the ArcGIS Runtime mainly provides functions / methods that you can integrate into your UI. The "commands" you listed are all there (as methods) - it's up to you to integrate them into your UI.

Having said that, there will be a little exception: The upcoming Toolkit for the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET will provide some controls around the map to help creating a "Desktop GIS around ArcGIS Runtime".

Hope that helps...

MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Having said that, there will be a little exception: The upcoming Toolkit for the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET will provide some controls around the map to help creating a "Desktop GIS around ArcGIS Runtime".

The toolkit controls/components will be available for both desktop and mobile (Android, iOS, WPF, and UWP). Currently the v100 branch contains a selection of components in beta targeting WPF and UWP. Over the next few months we'll be adding support for Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS where appropriate. 

Cheers

ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Hello ,

Thanks for your answer ,

Michael Branscomb wrote:

Currently the v100 branch contains a selection of components in beta targeting WPF and UWP. Over the next few months we'll be adding support for Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS where appropriate. 

Cheers

Can i know which components targeting WPF ? i am working on WPF application , need to display a toolbar using arcGIs runtime version 100.1  so i can control my map? how to do that ?

Cheers

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

I would suggest researching into WPF and how one creates a toolbar within XAML and the WPF framework.  ArcObjects and ArcGIS Runtime are very different development platforms.  You cannot really port an application from ArcObjects to ArcGIS Runtime, they are far too different for that thinking.  Making a toolbar in WPF/XAML is actually quite easy and a quick search would provide many samples.  Once you understand how the toolbar is designed you can than link the event of clicking the toolbar to execute the desired functionality 

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos