What license is required to use tiff file as a raster layer in the map?

11-17-2017 11:31 AM
BikeshMaharjan1
New Contributor III

Does using local GeoTiff file as a raster data in the operational layer of the map require certain liscense?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NagmaYasmin
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Bikash,

To access the local raster layer such as .tiff file you need to have "Standard" license. Please look at the documentation link:

License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers --> Licensing capabilities --> Standard.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
BikeshMaharjan1
New Contributor III

Hey Nagma,

Thanks for quick response. When it is licensed for developer use only, I can access the local raster layer right to test it?

0 Kudos
NagmaYasmin

Hi Bikash

Yes, you are right, with licensed for developer use only, you could access the local raster layer.

BikeshMaharjan1
New Contributor III

Thanks Nagma! It works. The only problem is when i keep zooming out, the .tiff data dissapears automatically before I can even see the whole raster data on my screen. Is there a default setting that makes it happen or is it just the .tiff file that only appears in certain zoom levels?

0 Kudos
NagmaYasmin

Hi Bikash,

Are you using Xamarin,there is a bug logged regarding this issue:

BUG-000109070

RasterLayers disappear when zooming out in Xamarin UWP application for .NET SDK v100.1.]

0 Kudos
BikeshMaharjan1
New Contributor III

I am using WPF with .NET SDK v100.1. Does it have that bug too?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Currently in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET v100.1 (i.e. UWP, WPF, and Xamarin) we display the raster data at the native raster resolution. The alternative is to re-sample the raster as you zoom out. For a future release we are investigating implementing re-sampling dynamically as you zoom in/out, and allowing you as the developer to generate the resampled data via the API and persist that alongside the raster dataset. The persisted approach is usually referred to as pyramids. 

You can achieve the same approach today by using ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap to generate pyramids for your raster data in advance and then use that raster within your ArcGIS Runtime apps. For more information see Build Pyramids—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop.

Cheers

Mike

BikeshMaharjan1
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the information. Really appreciate it. So, If I understand correctly, the raster file needs to be updated using ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap for the raster data to not dissapear when zooming out?

Thanks,

Bikesh

0 Kudos