What is this ResponsiveFormContainer you use in your Xamarin samlples?

06-04-2020 02:11 PM
JayBowman
New Contributor II

I'm writing a Xamarin navigation application and looking at your sample code you have an xmlns of  xmlns:resources="clr-namespace:Forms.Resources;assembly=ArcGISRuntime" and you have a component of ResponsiveFormContainer. What Ersi nuget package contains this? I can't find any documentation on it. I have created a navigation page very simular to your sample Xamarin.Forms NavigateRoute. I'm using the RouteTrackerDisplayLocationDataSource and the SimulatedLocationDataSource. I create the route and display it on my map fine. But when i start the navigation. I get the InputLocationChanged  event on the RouteTrackerDisplayLocationDataSource . But the map never moves. 

I just got this message

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISRuntimeException
Message=Attempt to use an unlicensed extension: ArcGIS Runtime is not licensed to use Navigation.

I have my license set in the Xamarin app class right before

ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.Initialize();

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NathanCastle1
Esri Contributor

The responsive form container is used to position content appropriately based on device type. It is a part of the sample viewer, and not a component of the Runtime API. Implementation is at arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet/ResponsiveFormContainer.xaml at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-d... 

Regarding navigation problems, there may be a licensing issue here. Does it work if you don't set the license and leave Runtime in the development mode?

0 Kudos
NathanCastle1
Esri Contributor

Also want to add that navigation requires the Basic (or greater) license level.

0 Kudos