Unhandled exceptions in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) Windows app (and also cannot run any templates from Runtime SDK in VS Community)

10-15-2019 08:11 AM
AlexMenkes
New Contributor

I have an open ticket with ESRI Support on this, but they don't seem to know what's going on, so maybe someone here can help.  I'm guessing this is specific to the computer I am trying to run this on, I'm not having problems when using it on my laptop.

I cannot create/run any of the templates for ArcGIS Runtime SDK .NET in Visual Studio Community 2019.  They throw exception errors.  This is the out-of-the-box apps that are created in a new solution/project.  I then loaded the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) from the Microsoft Store to see if I could get a sample to test.  That also throws exception errors.  Here's an example:

I have tried uninstalling EVERYTHING, including .NET, VS, ArcGIS Runtime nuget packages and reinstalling with no luck.

I am not running any anti-virus other than Windows Security.  Turning off all Windows Security didn't fix it.  ESRI Support tech had me downsize my screen resolution on 4k monitor and that didn't change anything either.  He seems to think this is related to display/monitors since this happens when the mapview is called from a template app.

Thoughts?  Other things to check?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AlexMenkes
New Contributor

Following instructions on https://community.esri.com/community/developers/native-app-developers/arcgis-runtime-sdk-for-net/blo... ,

at Workflow1: number 3, I cannot do this, it isn't in the right-click menu.  Also, there are two instances of the ESRI.ArcGISRuntime.dll

*Edit: I was able to use "Load Symbols" to get it to load (doing it for one item loaded both).  Am continuing through the rest of that list now.

0 Kudos
AlexMenkes
New Contributor

Debugging without Native Code

Screen Shot (full text attached as txt file):

0 Kudos
AlexMenkes
New Contributor

Debugging with Native Code

Screen Shot (full text attached as txt file):

I have a DMP file that is too big to attach here.

0 Kudos
AlexMenkes
New Contributor

Not sure if this is related, but today I realized that my ArcMap/Catalog install for v10.7.1 was not working (was the first time I'd tried using it since updating to this version).  When I attempted to start either application I would get the splash screen, then nothing.  No errors.  Just wouldn't start up.

I had installed v10.7.1 to align with this compatibility grid, to make sure that was not causing any problems with Runtime:

It feels like there some systemic issue with the latest versions of your software and my desktop computer.

Today I downgraded to v10.6.1 of ArcMap/Catalog and v100.5.0 of ArcGIS Runtime and everything is working fine.  ***Except the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) Windows app which runs on v100.6.0.  That still throws the same errors.

I don't have time to mess around with this, I've lost a few days productivity already.  It doesn't feel like any answers are forthcoming from ESRI (either here or for my support ticket).  I need to get work done and won't be updating to the newer versions on this machine.

0 Kudos