Unable to view S-57 layers on Windows Store .NET Runtime SDK

05-05-2015 06:04 AM
Sindre_PaulsrudMoe
New Contributor

I have successfully used the ArcGis Runtime SDK to develop a mapping application for WPF in the past. I am now trying to make this work for a Windows Store application, but the S-57 ENC cells are simply not showing.

During debugging I can see that the initialization of the HydrographicS57Layer fails with the exception "Unspecified error. File not found : S57 dictionary not found."

This error happens inside the ArcGisRuntime dll.

I have created a ArcGis runtime deployment manifest including the Hydrographic (S57) symbology.

The problem occurs regardless whether I debug the application in Visual Studio or build a app package and deploy through Powershell script.

I have attached a screenshot from Visual Studio showing the error.

s57-error.png

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

Have you attached Runtime deployment for S57 to your application? Read more from Create an ArcGIS Runtime deployment—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers

0 Kudos
Sindre_PaulsrudMoe
New Contributor

Yes, as you see in my post "I have created a ArcGis runtime deployment manifest including the Hydrographic (S57) symbology."

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

it seems that I need to get glasses.

Can you verify that you can find deployment folder under the application deployment. You can also try to define symbol path explicitly before initializing ArcGISRuntimeEnviroment.

ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.SymbolsPath = @"arcgisruntime10.2.6\resources\symbols";

0 Kudos
Sindre_PaulsrudMoe
New Contributor

Great thanks! That did the trick. But is this how it is supposed to work? Should we always specify the SymbolsPath explicitly? On the WPF app, I did not have to do this.

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1

I need to check what's going on here if the behavior isn't the same between Desktop and Store.

0 Kudos