Unable to start geoprocessing service in ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET 100.4 ?

12-20-2018 03:25 AM
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Hi,

With due respect to the Esri Team.

I am asking this question for the third time as I am unable to find any solution to this bug. I have already asked this question twice but still I am helpless. I am unable to use geoprocessing tools in my runtime app because of this issue. The geoprocessing service runs absoultely fine , when I try to run it in Java SDK. Please provide with me with some solution. I am providing the link to my previous discussion as well as I am providing the .dmp (dump) file that gets created after error occurs.

How to use geopackage (.gpk) created by Arcmap to use a service ? 

https://community.esri.com/thread/224614-how-to-use-geopackage-gpk-created-by-arcmap-to-use-a-servic... 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

I would also like the Esri team to please go through one of the samples , given in the documentation.

There exists one of the samples which all the other services start , except the geoprocessing service.

Below is the link given to the sample

Local Server Geoprocessing—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Samples | ArcGIS for Developers 

Hoping for some positive reply.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

To confirm: in the sample code for `LocalServerGeoprocessing.xaml.cs` you are seeing an exception returned from the awaited call to `_gpService.StartAsync();`?

It could be the default temp path in your user profile is too long. 

Try:

- Open `...\arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet\src\WPF\ArcGISRuntime.WPF.Viewer\App.xaml.cs`

- Find line `Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.Initialize();`

- Just above that add line: `Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.TempPath = @"C:\SamplesTemp";`

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have tried changing the path as you mentioned but I receive the same bug again. I don't think that the issue is related to TempPath because if it would have been this issue , my feature service and map service would not start either but to the contrary , feature service and map service start successfully and the problem comes only in case of geoprocessing service (geopackage). 

I am attaching the screenshot of my visual studio screen, where you can see that I have changed the path but still I recieve the same error and you can also see that my feature service and map service are starting successfully.Please have a look at the UserControl , this is also one of the samples. Feature Service and Map Service are starting successfully but geoprocssing service fails.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

LocalGeoprocessingServices make much greater us of the Temp directory therefore it's often the most likely cause of issues.

Can you share your deployment file? (`ArcGISLocalServer_100.3.AGSDeployment`)

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am sharing my current deployment file. I am using geopackage created using ArcMap 10.6. I have also tried enabling all options to true (Under ArcMap Child Packages in deployment file) but still I recieve the same error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Can you try changing the ArcMap compatible  deployment to false?

FROM: `<Package id="ArcMap" name="ArcMap Compatible Server" enabled="true">`

TO: ` <Package id="ArcMap" name="ArcMap Compatible Server" enabled="false">`

This will diagnose if it's a problem with the list of files included for deployment, or possibly with the package you have created.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Hi,

I tried making the above mention changes , but the same problem persists.

When I tried to execute a .gpkx file (Created from ArcPro) , It runs absoultely fine.Although, I did not make any changes for it in Deployment file and everything related to ArcPro is set to false, but still .gpkx file runs absoultely fine , the problem only comes with .gpk(Created using ArcMap).

What should I do now ?

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
VijitWadhwa
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Did you get some solution to the Issue ?

0 Kudos