Unable to open a mobile scene package (or maybe create it?)

04-26-2019 10:25 AM
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to open up a mobile scene package with a point cloud layer (LAS) and I'm having some trouble. I've pulled a sample LAS dataset file down from the HI government site and loaded it up into a 3D Scene in ArcGIS Pro. From there I used the Create Mobile Scene Package geoprocessing tool to create an mspk, After that I attempted to load the scene package up onto a Runtime SceneView but the MobileScenePackage doesn't have any "Scenes" in it. I'm either not creating the scene package correctly in Pro or I'm not loading the scene package correctly in Runtime.

Here's the code I've got that loads up the scene package:

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.UI.Controls.SceneView sceneView = new Esri.ArcGISRuntime.UI.Controls.SceneView();

ControlSpace.Children.Add(sceneView);

MobileScenePackage mspk = new MobileScenePackage(FileName);

mspk.LoadAsync();

sceneView.Scene = mspk.Scenes.First();

Seems pretty straight forward, but I'm just not getting it.

Thanks,

Mike...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Mike,

I imported this back into ArcGIS Pro and it displays just fine. The issue here is that it is a local scene. ArcGIS Runtime only supports global scenes so all you need to do is recreate the mobile scene package using a global scene as input to the GP tool. Let me know if you have any other problems.

thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Andrew,

It’s taken a bit but I’ve finally circled back around to this. I recreated the mobile scene package using a global scene instead of a local scene and I still seems to be having the same problem. Once I create the MobileScenePackage and LoadAsync, there are no Scenes in the list.

I’ve attached my new scene package created from the global scene in Pro.

Mike Hamsa

Chief Technology Officer - GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.

P: 512-982-6735

0 Kudos
MichaelHamsa
Occasional Contributor

Andrew,

Scratch that – wasn’t awaiting the LoadAsync.

Seems to be working just great!

Thanks a lot for the help on this.

Mike Hamsa

Chief Technology Officer - GeoSpatial Innovations, Inc.

P: 512-982-6735

0 Kudos
Andrew--Johnson
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update and glad to hear it's working!

-Andrew

0 Kudos