Unable to bind GraphicOverlays collection

Jump to solution
11-25-2016 10:49 AM
BjørnarSundsbø1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm currently working on the "old" runtime, and am considering updating to the 100.0 release. I have not yet made the update, but experience a limitation with not being able to bind a graphics collection to GraphicsLayer. It appears I can only add graphics directly from the view, but as my Graphics live in a collection of my viewmodel in the current implementation, it is not very tempting to make the upgrade at the moment. Looking at a few of the Tips & Tricks from the DevSummit 2016, there are several options for making point clustering by implementing an IEnumerable<Graphics>, but I can't see how to do this using the new quartz release. Any suggestions, or expectations that there will be a bindable GraphicsSource on the GraphicsLayer in the near future?

10 Replies
BjørnarSundsbø1
Occasional Contributor II

Got any update on the plans for StreamingLayer and the ability to run a local StreamingService in a future release?

Or other options for displaying the same features in multiple maps without the cumbersome coding related to keeping everything up to date?

I was considering writing a local service using Rabbit, for example, imitating the behaviour of a GeoEvent proecessor. On the client side, wrapping the graphicsLayers inside a GroupLayer, but this would result in a lot of code to handle filtering and similar functionality of the streaming layer.

0 Kudos