tpk generation

06-27-2017 01:45 PM
AndrewJones1
New Contributor

I need to generate some .tpk files for use with my (offline) .net application. There was a bug in V10.4 of ArcGIS for Desktop which prevented it fro generating .tpk files. Does anyone know if the bug has been fixed? Is there a different (desktop) product that will successfully generate .tpk files?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChadYoder1
Occasional Contributor II
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Pro can both generate Tile Packages (.tpk files). You can also use the ArcGIS Runtime API to extract TPKs from services that have the capability enabled (ExportTiles). Note v100.1 now includes an OfflineMapTask that can take an entire webmap offline (again assuming the capabilities are enabled on the services referenced by the webmap, for more info see Create an offline map—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET (WPF) | ArcGIS for Developers

Cheers

Mike

AndrewJones1
New Contributor

I'd be keen to move to V100 but need to be able to import .kml files. I note V100.1 does not include .kml layers...any idea when this might be supported?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi Andrew,

KML support probably warrants a separate question (it's a hotly anticipated feature)... but the good news is that it's on the roadmap for the next release which is currently scheduled for late 2017.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
AndrewJones1
New Contributor

Mike, Ok that's great news. On a separate matter is there any chance you can send me the SymbolFader demo from your Tips and Tricks March 2016. I can't find it on GitHub.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

For 2016 we zipped up the demos and hosted them on ArcGIS.com as a code sample: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=71e82397445a47629e45f15161ca4761 

The `SymbolFader` demo is under highlighting features/graphics on the MapView.

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
AndrewJones1
New Contributor

Mike, Many thanks.

0 Kudos