TPK Compatibility with old versions of Runtime

10-26-2021 04:50 AM
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

I have several TPK's that I have created with ArcGIS Pro (2.8).  Our vendor has an application which utilizes a very old version of the .NET Runtime (Ver. 10.2.5).  We are finding that TPK's created with ArcGIS Pro are NOT Compatible with older (in this case, very older) version of the .NET runtime. 

Can anyone confirm this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Just to confirm, which Package type did you specify when creating the tile package in ArcGIS Pro: TPK or TPKX? (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/create-map-tile-package.htm)

Thanks 

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne
I exported as a tpk
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

I've asked internally to see if there was a change in the internal format/structure of TPKs.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb

Hi,

Was there a specific version of ArcGIS Pro with which you were able to export a TPK and successfully use with ArcGIS Runtime 10.2.5?

Please can you confirm if the application you're using is built with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF 10.2.5 (Esri.ArcGIS.Client...) or ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET 10.2.5 (Esri.ArcGISRuntime...)?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

Hi Mike - after some further testing, it appears that the problem was not a version compatibility issue.  The issue turned out to be an issue with both the initial and map's full extent.  When creating a TPK using ArcGIS Pro (2.8) there is a GP parameter which let's you specify the extent.  For some reason that extent isn't honored  or - it's not honored as the TPK's full or initial extent.  What I ended up having to was specify the full extent of the map in the data frame properties.  that seemed to do the trick.  In ArcMap - when you use the GP tool to specify an extent, it honors that extent as both the full and initial extent. 

Hope that makes sense.  It took some trial and error to get this figured out.

0 Kudos