Text Alignment bug when rendering mode is static

06-23-2016 08:36 AM
FlorianGimat
New Contributor

Hello,

I have upgraded the ArcGISRuntime .Net SDK from 10.2.5 to 10.2.7 in an application that I currently work on and noticed that the text elements in my layers aren't displayed where they should.

I tracked the issue down to the layer rendering mode being set to static, which used to work in the 10.2.5. I even reverted back to 10.2.5 to confirm this. I don't want to switch to dynamic rendering mode as it can be very slow in our case.

I also made a very simple sample application (attached to this post) that shows the problem. The application links to the ArcGISRuntime.dll installed from the SDK.

Do you have any idea what's causing this, if it's a known issue and if so, if there's a fix on the way?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThadTilton
Esri Contributor

Hi Florian -

This is a known issue (originally documented for 10.2.6): a value of 'Screen' for the AngleAlignment is not honored in static rendering mode. There is a bug and an enhancement request for it: BUG-000082987, ENH-000086717. Implementing a fix has the potential to negatively impact rendering performance (which is the key feature of using static mode for rendering), so that is likely to be a driving factor for whether this is addressed or not.

0 Kudos