Subtypes in runtime Geodatabases

08-30-2017 07:42 AM
EdwardBlair
Occasional Contributor

I'm probably missing something, but is there support for subtypes and subtype-specific domains in the runtime Geodatabase?  From what I see if a field has a domain assigned at the class level that domain assignment is respected, but I don't see anything that is aware of a domain assigned at a subtype level.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

TypeIdFieldName is the field that the service is symbolized.  The above is only valid if symbolized by Subtype, which is not a valid assumption in our case

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Does your feature service have a corresponding map service:  e.g.

• UES/Field_ESRP (FeatureServer)
  • UES/Field_ESRP (MapServer)

If you substitute "MapServer" for "FeatureServer", you will get the correct info.  If you don't have a corresponding map service, then your only recourse is to upgrade your ArcGIS Server to 10.5. 

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

I apologize my earlier post had a typo (now corrected).  I was thanking you because the information you provided solved my problem perfectly.  We need the subtype information Name/Code on the client.  We are already generating an offline configuration file using the WebMap json, I simply combine the subtype information from the feature service definition and all is good, less than 10 lines of code

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos