Strange behavior of the sketch editor on iOS devices

Jump to solution
03-14-2019 06:27 AM
SandeepKuniel1
New Contributor III

The sketch editor does not seem to record the correct coordinate, when the magnifier is used on an iOS device. 

In order to replicate the issue, i have attached a video <ArcGIS Runtime Sample, "Sketch graphics on the map">.

Notice, in the video i am trying to draw a polyline.

..Long pressing on the map to invoke the magnifier, when i lift my finger to stop the magnifier the graphic point does not fall in the same location as the magnifier, instead i see the graphic point in the North-West.

The same sample works fine on an Android Device.

I am using

ArcGIS Runtime 100.4.0 

Xamarin Forms 3.5

Device with iOS 12.1.4

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonyWakim
Esri Contributor
I was able to reproduce the behavior on 100.4.  When using the magnifier, the Sketch editor does not use the right coordinates.

I am not able to reproduce with our current development build; Please test again with the next release when it is out.
Tony Wakim
Esri - ArcGIS Runtime .Net

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TonyWakim
Esri Contributor
I was able to reproduce the behavior on 100.4.  When using the magnifier, the Sketch editor does not use the right coordinates.

I am not able to reproduce with our current development build; Please test again with the next release when it is out.
Tony Wakim
Esri - ArcGIS Runtime .Net
SandeepKuniel1
New Contributor III

Looks like this issue has been fixed in the current build 100.5, so closing this issue.

0 Kudos