Specify Explicit Extents in the Runtime Environment

08-19-2016 06:36 AM
JeremyMullins4
New Contributor III

I have a tile package I have created using a specific tile cache template. Is there a way to have the map zoom extents match the extents specified in the tile cache templates?

I know the inital extent can be set, but can each additional extent be assigned so that the tile package I have created works well for the extents specified in the tile cache template?

Note: I'm not a developer, but I work with our mapping engineers to complete these projects. I have looked through the API references and cannot seem to find anything other than setting initial extents. If someone could simply either point me in the direction of a property, method, class, etc or even describe a programming method to accomplish this, I can take this back to them and see if we can solve our issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Can you use the MaximumExtent property on the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET 10.2.X MapView: MapView.MaximumExtent Property?

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
JeremyMullins4
New Contributor III

Mike,

Thanks for the quick response. Would this property be able to set explicit extents? For example, my tile cache schema has the following set scales:

Does this property allow us to set it up so the map we create can only zoom into those scales? Ideally, we would like map to zoom into whatever scale it wants until it hits the 6,000,000 and then just follow that set scale step by step to 3,000, where the zoom capability would terminate. Is that possible?

0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III

I think that you need to do some coding to achieve that.

What you could do is to disable navigation model (MapView.InteractionOptions) from zoom ins and zoom outs and build your own handlers to handle that where you would use MapView.SetView(Async) with central point and scale.

JeremyMullins4
New Contributor III

Antti,

Thanks. I will consult with my engineers and see what we can do. I may likely come back to this particular post if the solution provided does not resolve the issue. However, after looking through the API references, I think this is the way to go.

I also found this: Setting Extents 

0 Kudos